Sunday, January 16, 2011

Basket Brawl

"My favourite time in school is before school starts and after school ends"
This is solely the reason why. Basketball. And me liking to play this at school is definitely not because I like the game.

Why Play Then?


1. The jolly atmosphere. No one takes it that seriously. If they did, I wouldn't be allowed to play. :P It isn't total chaotic fun either. People are just serious enough to not make it look like American Football.
2. This person called Suddhu. His game. Its amazing yeah, but that's not what I'm talking about. His unmatched sarcasm and humour in the middle of a dead serious game. People need that every once in a while.
3. This certain person called AB. A very technical player. Keeps the seriousness in the game. Saying all that, he isn't an amazing player as such. Better than me surely, but then I cant be used for comparison. Despite his game, people still obey him. Duh, Of course they listen to him. Its HIS ball. :P
4. Well, I like to tease people with my height. Hah! People may be better than me at basketball, but I still get the rebound. What happens after that is not accountable. :P

The Risks?
This is a perfectly safe game if you don't mind your spectacles occasionally getting cracked. There are certain people who have taken an over dosage of steroids. They are made of sheer rock. With my luck, I get to defend these people always. And, since these people are unfortunately tall as well, they ram into me every now and then to get the rebound.

My Work: Running around rebound area. Lifting arms trying to block Mr. Roadrolling dribbler. Getting bashed. Running Around. Jumping high. Getting ball if lucky. Passing without second thought (oh wait. i can also dribble right?). Getting passed to. Shooting. Missing. Jumping and getting ball. Shooting. Missing again. Trying to hyperactively steal from the person who catches the ball. Failing. Panting. Sees someone score. Subs out. Drinks water. It goes like that......... :P


How People Do It: Dribble. Dribble. Dribble. Perfection lay up in. Dribble Dribble Dribble. Pass. Pass. Dribble. Pass. Shoot. In. Dribble. Dribble. Lay up. Miss. Foul. Pass. Pass Pass. In. Dribble. Pass out. Shoot. Perfection Three Pointer. Claps.

The KV Factor: I'm taller than him. Yet, he manages to get Every Single rebound. Hmph :P He dribbles well. He Blocks. He shoots. I manage to be in the team he isn't in always. :| If you think I'm majorly flattering. Lets go for facts. KV Sub. Score Reads: 0:14. KV's side 0. KV in. Ten minutes later. Score Reads: 17:14.
That's how it is.

The other giants: There's Suddhu who dribbles from the line at the centre (I don't know what that is called :P ) to right below the basket and tosses the ball high and it does back-flips and reaches the basket. And the place under the basket is filled with lots of tall, tall people (Bows) If it doesn't manage to reach the basket, its self explanatory that he has been fouled. He can also fail miserably while laying up or while passing. Well, by fail miserably I mean, when the ball annoyingly circles the basket hoop twice and falls down. Now, you're all going to throw tomatoes at me cuz mine hardly touch the loop. :| Nevertheless, getting to the others. There is Subbu, again, a Suddhu duplicate, with little lesser lay-uping skills and more coolness on the field. There is Arjun Ram, who can get it in from anywhere in the field. (This is NOT me. This is NOT me) I could go on till this thing says something like "Word Limit Exceeded" if it has any.

11th graders. No offense to people who may read. 10th graders (NOT me. NOT me) play much better than you guys. Again, I'm talking about the guys who I play with, so I might not know about any hidden talents out there. These big boys get very easily tensed. :| Well, not everyone can be as calm and cool as the 10th. :P
Whatever it may be, I still will continue to play basketball however badly I do till someone personally chucks me out.

Some Daily Basketball Conversations:-


*Five People Collide. Subbu's tooth is bleeding. My head is smashed and I'm on the ground and people continue to play*

Subbu: Poda! You smashed into my teeth!

Me: No! You came and bit my head. :P


AB: People! You have too many on the field. De-recognize some of your players.
Suddu: Hey. Don't use technical terms like 'De-recognize'. You simple terms like 'Chuck. Them. Out'

6 comments:

  1. :D

    Sadly reading descriptions will never let you feel the "experience" :D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice da !!! but u missed 1 very big character

    G..G..GANESH !!!!!!!!!!!!
    (wel though he is useless u cant hide him !!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ultimate! hehe!

    "
    Subbu: Poda! You smashed into my teeth!
    Me: No! You came and bit my head."

    ReplyDelete