Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Twisted Piece of Machinery

What you see here is something complicated and destroyed. No, its not as bad as I want you to think. You probably think its all right anyway. Okay! Enough with the muddled sentences. Getting to the matter at hand. Lets see.... This thing has its left brake half severed, bell's ringing thing broken, lock stuck up, key bent, chain rusted and loose, and non-air-retaining tyres. Getting to the in-detail explanation of every one of these
:P :P :P




The Left Brake: Well, no worries; this still works. Only little problem is it has a mind of its own and seems to auto brake at the worst possible times. Middle of a signal, when a bus is behind you, when an Innova would crash into you if you don't move ,  well, you get the idea. Murphy's law works here too. :P

Come on! The circular thing with
spikes is fascinating :P
The Bell: This thing already had a tendency to slip upside down because of two loose nut thingeys. Me trying to bring back the thing to normal state and ring it before I run into an ignorant dog in the street has resulted in scraping the black thing off the handlebar. Now, it has saved me that pain. The round bell top thing fell off one fine day and rolled conveniently to the path of a van. I, pitying the thing, retrieved it before it got crushed. Now, it is sitting safely in my cupboard. Now I get to show off my rusted inside machinery of the bell.





This is after I managed to
 bring it to proper position. :P

The Lock and KeyMurphy's law again. The lock decides on its own to get stuck up and not open when I am late to school. It takes few minutes of squiggling and twisting and turning to get the thing to open. Hence, the straightness of the key. :P







The Chain: Nothing much here. Only that this thing comes out of its loop at least twice a trip. The pain of getting down plugging the thing on again and rotating till it gets fixed, I'd rather walk home leaving the cycle to rot, but nah, the cycle has some interesting memories. (Does crashing into a Scorpio come under 'interesting'?)

Non-Air-Retaining Tyres: This is more of an exaggeration really. I have to pump air into this like every three days. And then my pump broke. Don't ask me how. So now I have to waste two rupees a week to go to that cycle shop and get it aerated. I don't mind the two rupees. I very much mind walking the cycle all the way to the shop, even if the shop is only a street away. P.S. I'm lazy. You all knew that anyway. :P

I'm done for now. If I manage to do some more damage, I'll take the pain of typing it for you. Till then, Bye!

Cycle Quotes:
1. Mountain climbing is much less straining compared to cycling without air.
2. The cycle goes faster than any other vehicle, when it comes to going over speed breakers. 
3. The cycle could easily beat a Lamborghini Gallardo in a race, provided it is at Ranganathan Street, 9.30 am. (For those dim witted people who don't know. Go google it. :P )

3 comments:

  1. U SEEN MY CYCLE OR NOT?!
    x20. that is all i can say. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PODA! Mine is Worse. Yours has only the handlebar problem. :P

    ReplyDelete